Forum Discussion

gkarthikeyanit
New Contributor
9 years ago

VB 6 application is getting crashed frequently

Hi Guys,

We are in the process of migrating from Test complete 8.6 to 11.2. While doing that we are facing the application Crashes. Testcomplete is giving (0xC0000005 and 0xC0000096) errors(attached). There is an active case with Test complete( #00150600).

We are facing slowness also but our main concern is our application crash during execution. Kindly let me know solution. Is it advisable go to 11.2 version? What are problems you guys faced if somebody have done already? Please kindly through some light on this?

Thanks,

Karthick

4 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

About upgrading to 11.2 ...

It seems TC has changed some algorithm in objects identifying from v11.

For me it experiences painfully slow in object reading especially test development time compared to v10.  Except that 11.2 is stable.  Do bit of performance test before upgrading and what make you to go v11.2?

gkarthikeyanit
      New Contributor

Hi Nishera,

Currently I'm evaluating the Testcomplete 11.2. We have TC8.6 license. We are gonna support window10 which is supported by TC 11.2 or above only(as discussed with Smartbear guys). And also I'm running sample set of test suites in TC 11.2 trail version. There only our application is getting crashed. 

For your object slowness, You can use the parameter /UseOldFindAlgorithm in the properties section. For me it has reduced the slowness to great entend. 

Thanks,

Karthikeyan G

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Karthick,

Well... Not the most pleasant thing to hear...

Unfortunately, I also know about the case with Delphi application that started to crash with TestComplete 11 like yours. The case there is a complex one and I really hope that guys from SmartBear will be able to help.

Meanwhile, it appeared that this Delphi application does not crash and can be controlled by TestComplete if it is started in Debug mode instead of the usual Simple one. (Refer to https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/75498/ for the tips on how to activate Debug mode.)

You may give it a try and check if your application can be tested if started in Debug mode...

• Hi

We were migrated from Test Execute 9 to 11.2.
    The tested application is .Net application with DevExpress components.
    There are an application crashes, for which for now we cannot determine the cause.

The tests for the same application with Test Execute 9 are without any crashes.

The log for application crash looks similar as yours.
    The code for exception is 0xC0000401D

Thanks,
    Maria