Ask a Question

Use object or UI control to test WPF UI?

SOLVED
lhuang5
Occasional Contributor

Use object or UI control to test WPF UI?

Hi, 

We are planningt o update GUI to WPF step by step in our desktop software. Now I am working on writing scripts for WPF controls in our new WPF UI. But I am a little confused about what is the right way to test WPF controls.This application is closed for me and I have  no idea about its source code.

For example, we can spy one WPF object "TreeView" treeViewObj. We can access to each tree node by  treeNode = treeViewObj.Items.Item(index). 

WIth this, we can check treeNode.DisplayName. Actually this DisplayName is in its child contol "TextBlock". If I need to know this name in UI, should I find THAT "TextBlock" UI control or just use DisplayName from found "TreeView" object?

Are they the same or different?

Thanks

Best regards,

Liping
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andygough1974
New Contributor

RE: Use object or UI control to test WPF UI?

If the app is "closed to you" it may be a problem as the app should be built in Debug mode so TC can have access to all the names etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
googleid_104927
Contributor

+1 for this post.
Any inputs here would be really appreciated.

We too test windows desktop applications built using wpf objects and are a little confused about which approach to choose.

andygough1974
New Contributor

If the app is "closed to you" it may be a problem as the app should be built in Debug mode so TC can have access to all the names etc.

View solution in original post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: