Forum Discussion

jkrolczy
Regular Contributor
3 years ago

Unable to get SessionCreator to work for me

Using TC\TE 14.81 version currently

The below will work and kick of TestExecute and execute what I have pointed it to.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\Git.CWManagement\CWManagement\TestComplete\TC14_Version\CWProjSuite\CWProjSuite.pjs" /r /e /SilentMode /p:CWWeb /test:"Script|Group_IT_11|GroupIT11" /PrjVar:NwkENV=RC

I am using an ADO pipeline currently to execute Distributed Testing with TC\TE (Master to Slaves), but am trying to

configure a new pipeline to run directly to a Hyper-V, but I need SessionCreator for the needed interactive user session.

I have setup an ADO pipeline to a Hyper-V Win10 session.
ADO agent running in interactive mode w/ autologin setup 

I have the following commandline:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin\SessionCreator.exe" RunTest /UserName:<username> /PasswordFile:"C:\TC\upw.txt" /UseActiveSession /ProjectPath:"C:\Git.CWManagement\CWManagement\TestComplete\TC14_Version\CWProjSuite\CWProjSuite.pjs" /p:CWWeb /test:"Script|Group_IT_11|GroupIT11"

When I add this to my ADO pipeline or run on the active logged in Hyper-V session through a cmd wnd,
it signs me out of the Win10 session and does nothing else.

I have /UseActiveSession added to use the current active logged in Hyper-V session.

What am I missing here to get this to work ?

Anyone using ADO pipelines and SessionCreator that can help assist me here ?

Thanks