Ask a Question

Toolbar buttons do not look correct when using wImage

teddy77777
Contributor

Toolbar buttons do not look correct when using wImage

I am using wImage to capture an image of a toolbar button, and then compare it to an image in the stores using regions.compare.
This works for almost all images that contain colors other than black.  When a button with only the color black on it, is captured it gets captured has a solid black square.  It appears that anything that is transparent is converted to black so if the image only contains black then the button is captured has solid black.

I don't see an option to post an attachment which would probably make this clearer.  If you just image capturing the B button for making text Bold in most text editors, this results in a solid black button when I do it.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Ted,

We have just added a possibility to attach files to posts. So, please post an image of the button you have problems with. Also, please let me know in which exactly language your application is written and what exactly toolbar control is used in it.

--
Dmitry Nikolaev

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
teddy77777
Contributor

Attached images of actual button and what wImage results in.  There were originally in *.bmp format, but the forum does not allow that file type to uploaded so I converted them to jpg.

We are using C++ Script.

Not sure what you mean by the exact toolbar control used in it.

syedsafvan
Contributor

Hello Ted,

David meant, the language/technology in which your application under test is built on; not the scripting language you are using to automate your tests and by "exact name of toolbar" he meant - if you are using any 3rd party control for the toolbar control (ex: Janus Tool Bar) or is that provided by the technology itself that used to build that application (Ex: A control form the controls provided in the IDE like visual Studio).

Hope that helps.

Thankyou

Syed Ahmed Safvan

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the images. Ahmed is right, I need to know in what programming language your application is written and what exact toolbar control is used in your application. Also, please let me know what operating system is installed on the computer where the issue occurs.

--
Dmitry Nikolaev

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
teddy77777
Contributor

Program is written using C++.

Toolbar control is called FL toolbar(Wx Widgets).

Thanks

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the information. We have found a sample application containing this control, but failed to reproduce the problem with it on different computers with different operating systems.

Please try to reproduce the problem with this application and let me know your results. If you can reproduce the problem with it, let me know what operating system is installed on your computer. If the problem cannot be reproduced, we will need to reproduce the problem here with your application. If you can provide us with the application, please contact us directly via the Contact Support form.

--
Dmitry Nikolaev

teddy77777
Contributor

I am able to reproduce the problem with the LifeDemo program on our machine.

We are running Vista 64bit with Service Pack 2.

I tested this running with Aero on and off.

Thanks

Hi Ted,

We tried to reproduce the problem again on several different Windows Vista x64 computers with Aero both enabled and disabled, but failed. Could you please create a sample project demonstrating the problem with the LifeDemo application and send us this project by using the Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/)?

--
Dmitry Nikolaev

teddy77777
Contributor

I actually don't even need to create a script to see this problem. I get the bad result just using the Object properties window to get the Toolbar image.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: