Forum Discussion

DanH
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

The COMException exception occurred during the test run: No tests have been executed yet..

Hello,

I’m having some trouble setting up overnight test runs using Azure DevOps Team Foundation Server:  I have, I think, set things up to run using a Test Plan as outlined in:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/azure/test-adapter/build-pipeline.html

When I queue the Pipeline I get an error:

##[error]RunMessage : The COMException exception occurred during the test run: No tests have been executed yet..

For each test in the TestPlan:  If I try and run a Test using Test assemblies, when I look at the log the same COMException error is shown.

Could anyone help me to work out what is causing this error to be thrown?

• Hi DanH , as far as I can see, you've found a solution working together with the Support Team. 

After fixing some missing dependencies everything seems to work for you. Great news!

Also, let me quote the Support Team about how the next version of the TestComplete adapter will handle similar situations:

>>

Because of this error, TestComplete cannot run any tests. The next version of the TestComplete adapter will handle this situation differently: it'll post the exact error message to the log and only exclude the problematic project from running

<<

3 Replies

• could you attach some screenshots please?

Do you have the agents configured correctly, and the builds pointing to the agent pool with the online agents?

Do you have the remote repository pointing to the correct level of the directory level? to the .PJS extension and not the .MDS extension?

At which build step is it failing? (in terms of the test components i.e vs installer, testcomplete plugin, vs test assemblies, etc any other plugins)

I have a feeling that it's failing during the vs test assemblies step - where you need to specify within the dropdown the "installed by tools installer option"

after that, you need to provide it elevated permissions (if the tests keep on failing) 

--- try modifying the vs test assemblies tools installer option, and let us know if the problem persists; if so, please add some screenshots from various configuration options, and the build logs, and etc.

Hope this helps!

DanH
      Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your suggestions:  I've just reconfigured the agents and it still works.  I've got a ticket open that I'm working through:  I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Thanks again.

Dan

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi DanH , as far as I can see, you've found a solution working together with the Support Team. 

After fixing some missing dependencies everything seems to work for you. Great news!

Also, let me quote the Support Team about how the next version of the TestComplete adapter will handle similar situations:

>>

Because of this error, TestComplete cannot run any tests. The next version of the TestComplete adapter will handle this situation differently: it'll post the exact error message to the log and only exclude the problematic project from running

<<