Forum Discussion

mbarbworldtrips
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Thales Sentinel not recognizing TestComplete 15 in list of Products

IT loaded a new hard drive to my laptop. I access TestComplete15 through an RDP session. Thales Sentinel displays only TestComplete14. How do I get TestComplete15 recognized again?

• Kudos to Nickolas Chastain on the Support Team who was able to diagnose and suggest the correct solution!!

• Actually, it was fairly simple, though I could not figure it out at the time. 

My new hard drive did not have TestComplete15 or the License Manager installed to begin.

After installation of TestComplete15 and License Manager on the hard drive, Thales Sentinel would not recognize Test Complete15, it only displayed TestComplete14. Here's the actual instructions from Nickolas Chastain on the Support Team.

The issue seems to be that when your hard drive was replaced your platform and web licenses hadn't been deactivated. Based on our records these were listed as activated but the ID of the machine they were activated on was different. We can also see in the screenshots that the RDP session only sees the desktop license. To correct this I have gone ahead and released the platform and web licenses. You can now generate new license keys on your SmartBear account XXXXXX. You can then activate these new licenses on your laptop and the TestComplete client on the RDP session should be able to launch after that.

11 Replies

• Hi Alex,

Sure, Actually, it was fairly simple, though I could not figure it out at the time. 

My new hard drive did not have TestComplete15 or the License Manager installed to begin.

After installation of TestComplete15 and License Manager on the hard drive, Thales Sentinel would not recognize Test Complete15, it only displayed TestComplete14. Here's the actual instructions from Nickolas Chastain on the Support Team.

The issue seems to be that when your hard drive was replaced your platform and web licenses hadn't been deactivated. Based on our records these were listed as activated but the ID of the machine they were activated on was different. We can also see in the screenshots that the RDP session only sees the desktop license. To correct this I have gone ahead and released the platform and web licenses. You can now generate new license keys on your SmartBear account XXXXXX. You can then activate these new licenses on your laptop and the TestComplete client on the RDP session should be able to launch after that.

mbarbworldtrips
      Contributor

On the PC laptop and on the Virtual machine. However, only TestComplete is recognized as a Product by Thales.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Are you talking about accessing the License Manager?