Forum Discussion

AshokKumarSahoo
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Tetst Complete(12.20) is not identified object in chrome browser(Version 57.0.2987.133)

In the above screen shot test complete(12.20) is not identified the objects(Collection,Document Type etc list box) through object spy.I am using chrome browser(Version 57.0.2987.133) for this scenario.Also i have enabled tc extension in chrome setting(Refer Screen Shot).Also checked in chrome(Version 55) faced the same issue.Any one please let my know is there any solution for this issues.Thanks in Advance!

17 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

TC 12.30 is available for download and it includes support up through Chrome 58.  Have you tried that version yet?

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The most likely reason for this does not have anything to do with browser or extension but more likely to do with it being a custom control that TestComplete can't spy.

Have you tried accessing the control through another browser like IE or FireFox?  Does it work there?  If so, then we can certainly look at the Chrome problem.  If not, then we'll need to take a closer look at the component you're trying to access.

AshokKumarSahoo
      Contributor

tristaanogre I Upgraded my test complete 12.20 to 12.30 and tried the same scenario to identify the object in chrome browser.But still faced the same issues(Object Spy didn't identify the objects).

AshokKumarSahoo
      Contributor

shankar_r This was done before i started working on chrome browser.My issue is object not identified in the attached screenshot page apart from this page other pages  of my app are working fine.The same page i am working on IE11 & Firefox its working fine.

shankar_r
        Community Hero

What happens when do F12 and highlight the object in Chrome is there any error coming in Chrome?

Try like below

shankar_r
      Community Hero

Post your results here if that works for you :)

AshokKumarSahoo
        Contributor

shankar_r I disabled-web -security for chrome browser(Version 48.0.2564.109 (64-bit)) .Finally i installed old version of chrome browser as well as disabled web-security.Now test complete is identified the objects in the screen which i have shared here.

Thank You shankar_r.

Thank You,

Ashok