Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Testcomplete visualizer files are not being copied when project suite is copied to different machine

On Opening the project suite in different machine, it displays an error saying test items visualizer files are missing.

1. Copy Test complete project suite from one machine to another.

2. Try to open the test complete project suite in the other machine. It displays visualizer files are missing. Please Suggest

• Are you copying over just the suite file or the whole folder tree?  Visualizer image files, etc., are stored in a subfolder of the project and need to have the same relative pathing as where it came from.  So, if you're not pulling things over into the same tree structure, you'll get that problem.

Personally... I don't use the visualizer that much.  It's nice to turn on when I need to debug something but, for me, it doesn't add any benefit to the overall execution of a project.  So...I usually turn it off and don't preserve visualizer files longer than necessary.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you copying over just the suite file or the whole folder tree?  Visualizer image files, etc., are stored in a subfolder of the project and need to have the same relative pathing as where it came from.  So, if you're not pulling things over into the same tree structure, you'll get that problem.

Personally... I don't use the visualizer that much.  It's nice to turn on when I need to debug something but, for me, it doesn't add any benefit to the overall execution of a project.  So...I usually turn it off and don't preserve visualizer files longer than necessary.

BenoitB
      Community Hero

Agree with tristaanogre , Visualizer are useful on debug OR on run evidence if needed.

So on TestComplete (the develpment tools, not the run tools) no need to keep Visualizer files.