Ask a Question

Testcomplete no longer executes VBScript, logs: The server threw an exception

ZXQA
Occasional Contributor

Testcomplete no longer executes VBScript, logs: The server threw an exception

Hello,

Yesterday my TestComplete(12.6) began posting the following message when ever we try to run any scripts:

"VBScript runtime error. The server threw an exception". There have been no changes to the overall project or Testcompletes settings or to any of the scripts that now error. I have always had issues with TC routinely erroring and needed a restart but that did not work. We have yet to find any reason in the environment or the pc that could account for this as well. I was able to find a similar post from 2016 from another user to which no one replied.

Currently our entire project can no longer execute and any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
ZXQA
Occasional Contributor

Re: Testcomplete no longer executes VBScript, logs: The server threw an exception

We are doing additional troubleshooting any have found its is one of the oldest scripts we have and has not been altered in almost a year. It is a script which populates a data grid from an excel file. 

Marsha_R
Community Hero

Re: Testcomplete no longer executes VBScript, logs: The server threw an exception

Are you still on support for TC?

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: