Forum Discussion

MegO
Contributor
6 years ago

TestComplete sees my application as a black window

Hi all,

I have encountered a problem with Test Complete and an application under test. The window I am attempting to perform actions in is displayed as a black screen when using Object spy.

If I attempt to record a test in this window no actions are recorded by TestComplete. I have written a script to click on screen co-ordinates within the window, and even though the co-ordinates are correct the click action does not appear to be carried out in the window.

I have managed to OCR the button I am attempting to click on using a Script and TestComplete does return the correct text, so it must be able to see the screen when doing this.

Have any of you ever encountered a window that TestComplete cannot perform actions on and how did you work around this?

Thanks in advance :)

18 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The "black window" is not related to being unable to find the object.  Basically, if the component is obscured on screen by some other window or scrolled off the screen, in the Object Browser, the preview of the object will show as a black box.

Some more information will be useful:

1) What kind of application/window is this? 

2) Can we have screenshots of the screen in question?

3) Can we have screenshots of the object browser displaying the properties of the object in question?

Adam1
      Occasional Contributor

Good morning,

I have the same problem. My tested application is displayed in object tree as a black window. As far as I can see the component is not obscured on screen by some other window or scrolled off the screen. Testcomplete is not able to click on this window.

The application is a TApplication. I don't know if this has to do with it, but maybe worth mentioning.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

> My tested application is displayed in object tree as a black window.

Can you post a screenshot that demonstrates the problem?