Forum Discussion

chinthamol
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

TestComplete for QT GUI application automated testing on Embedded device

Hi,

Whether I can use TestComplete for QT GUI application testing. Actually I need to run automated tests on i.MX6 board.

Is this possible? 

If yes, How much will be the cost for license?

Regards,

Chintha

8 Replies

KB1
    Champion Level 2

Yes, TestComplete can be used for testing QT GUI applications. TestComplete supports testing desktop, web, and mobile applications, and has built-in support for various programming languages and frameworks, including QT.

To run automated tests on an i.MX6 board, you would need to install TestComplete on a computer that can communicate with the board over a network connection. You would also need to ensure that the TestComplete agent is installed on the board.

Regarding the cost of a TestComplete license, it depends on the edition and the number of users. The pricing information can be found on the SmartBear website, and you can contact their sales team for a quote specific to your needs.

chinthamol
    Occasional Contributor

Thankyou for your quick reply.

One more thing if we buy "TestComplete Base" package with only "Desktop" option enabled, we are able to test our QT application on i.mx6 board. Right?

Also, You will provide TestComplete agent that needs to be installed on board? Whether we need to pay any additional charge for this?

Regards,

Chintha

KB1
    Champion Level 2

I believe it would be best to advise you to contact the support team to ensure that you receive accurate information. I don't want to inform you wrongly.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

chinthamol
    Occasional Contributor

No problem. πŸ™‚

In order to run this tool we need Windows machine? No support for other platform such as Linux ?

KB1
    Champion Level 2

It supports several flavors of Linux and also mac.

edit: gave false information