Forum Discussion

eddje16
New Contributor
7 years ago

TestComplete finished exit script with code: -4058

I'm trying to run one of my testscripts via TestExecute, but I'm getting this error message:

TestComplete finished exit script with code: -4058

This is not one of the mentioned error codes in the manual, so I cannot figure out what the problem is. 

Can anyone help me?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you running it via command line or are you executing it by right clicking on the systray icon?  If you haven't tried the latter, I'd suggest it as this might give you a display dialog indicating what the error actually is.

eddje16
      New Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have some more logging, but still can't figure out where the problem lies.

I run this via command line:

C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete>"C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe" StartTest.js TestExecute SystemTest.pjs CityControl NL_RegressionTest NL_RegressionTest C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\TeamCityBackupResults.txt C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\TeamCityResults.txt
      ===== Start TestRun =====
      --- Init ---
      Clear file: C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\TeamCityBackupResults.txt
      Clear file: C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\TeamCityResults.txt
      -- Command args --
      0: C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe
      1: C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\StartTest.js
      2: TestExecute
      3: SystemTest.pjs
      4: CityControl
      5: NL_RegressionTest
      6: NL_RegressionTest
      7: C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\TeamCityBackupResults.txt
      8: C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\TeamCityResults.txt
      --- Init Done ---
      --- Start TestComplete ---
      ##teamcity[buildStatus status='SUCCESS' text='{build.status.text}...Running TestExecute scripts']
      ---------------------------------------
      !! Er is iets onverwacht misgegaan zie onderstaande error !!
      { Error: spawn EACCES
      at exports._errnoException (util.js:1018:11)
      at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:319:11)
      at exports.spawn (child_process.js:378:9)
      at run_cmd (C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\StartTest.js:57:14)
      at StartTest (C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\StartTest.js:119:21)
      at Object.<anonymous> (C:\BuildAgent\work\13966bbc6081e09d\testcomplete\StartTest.js:148:1)
      at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
      at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)
      at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
      at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12) code: 'EACCES', errno: 'EACCES', syscall: 'spawn' }

Any idea?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Well, this appears to be TeamCity integration which I don't have experience with.  It is entirely possible that the problem lies not with TestComplete or TestExecute but in your implementation of the integration with TeamCity.

To eliminate this, run TestComplete stand alone and attempt to run the tests you wish to run within the tool directly.  If there is a problem with the tests themselves, this should reveal them.

In the meantime, I don't see the standard TestComplete/TestExecute commandline switches or codes anywhere in what you posted.  Please review https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/automating/command-line-and-exit-codes/command-line.html and make sure that you have these configured correctly in order to run your tests.