Forum Discussion

komalak11
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

TestComplete expert certification details

Hi,

Not sure if its the right board to ask this. But I am interested in taking up the TestComplete expert certification and require details regarding the same. From the sales team I receive vague answers, and not sure about what the syllabus would be.

Can anyone tell me if they have taken up the certification and what steps to follow?

Thanks,

Komala.

sonya_m
    5 years ago

Hi komalak11 , we do provide TestComplete Expert Certification, that you can order on our website

It can also be purchased in a bundle with a video course (the TestComplete Computer Based Training w/Certification option). ThTestComplete Computer Based Training course can be of help in passing the exam but please note that it won’t cover all the Certification questions.  

The TestComplete Expert Certification exam details:  

The exam has 60 question. You will have 90 minutes to complete it with 2 attempts. The passing score is 70% or higher. 

Please note that this is an advanced exam that cover a vast area of testing questions. Hands-on experience of using TestComplete for at least half a year is recommended. During the certification exam you may encounter topics like: TestComplete IDE, Keyword Testing, Script Testing, Name Mapping, Data-Driven Testing, Web Testing, Manual Testing, Low Level ProceduresError Handling and more. 

Please let me know if you need more info I’ll be glad to help! 

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure there's an "official" expert certification.  If you're looking at my signature line and looking to gain that.... that's years of experience, my friend.  Simply learning as I go, sharing my knowledge, and helping out.

What you're doing, checking webinars, is basically the best thing you can do.  Take every possible opportunity to learn and then put that learning to use.

komalak11
      Contributor

Thank you so much for the answers. I am actually looking for a certification for a resume. If it is not an official certification then I might not take it up.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

> If it is not an official certification [...]

I am not sure that any state/industry-wide official certification exists for programming/testing.

For example, there is official certification to obtain driving license. And even in this case, your driving license might not be accepted in some other country and require to pass local certification.

Sonya wrote about certification provided by SmartBear. But there is no law enforcement for employers to accept their certificates. Likewise no one is required to accept certificates by, say, Microsoft, Oracle or Cisco.

So this is just your understanding of the word 'official' and your knowledge of how this or that certificate is considered under your given circumstances.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

In addition to what Robert has said:

SmartBear provides webinars (https://smartbear.com/academy/, https://smartbear.com/product/testcomplete/features/free-training-and-support/) and sends you... well... a kind of certificate with your name on it after you listen them.

Also SmartBear (and some of its partners like LinoTadros - https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-General-Discussions/Release-of-two-TestComplete-Workshops-on-Github/td-p/191529https://support.smartbear.com/training/testcomplete-online-training-agenda/) provides on-site trainings (https://smartbear.com/product/testcomplete/pricing/, Trainings section).

The question is what for do you need the certificate? If this is for your current employer, then the above may be the option. If to have a certificate and mention it in your CV for future employers, then, as Robert wrote, not all employers might consider such certificates like official certificates. (E.g. like those that you get after passing some Microsoft certification exam.)

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi komalak11 , we do provide TestComplete Expert Certification, that you can order on our website

It can also be purchased in a bundle with a video course (the TestComplete Computer Based Training w/Certification option). ThTestComplete Computer Based Training course can be of help in passing the exam but please note that it won’t cover all the Certification questions.  

The TestComplete Expert Certification exam details:  

The exam has 60 question. You will have 90 minutes to complete it with 2 attempts. The passing score is 70% or higher. 

Please note that this is an advanced exam that cover a vast area of testing questions. Hands-on experience of using TestComplete for at least half a year is recommended. During the certification exam you may encounter topics like: TestComplete IDE, Keyword Testing, Script Testing, Name Mapping, Data-Driven Testing, Web Testing, Manual Testing, Low Level ProceduresError Handling and more. 

Please let me know if you need more info I’ll be glad to help!