TestComplete crashes when searching for an object not existing in the name mapping file
Anyone else having trouble using TestComplete the latest version?
I just updated my installation, but since then whenever I try to run a test and try to use a certain object that does not exist in the name mapping file the whole program crashes.
Used to be just a stop of the test and information the object does not exist.
Right now TestComplete shuts down and you have to add breakpoints everywhere to find the right point where it crashed since there's also no log file available.
Thanks for the help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
try to use a certain object that does not exist in the name mapping file the whole program crashes.
- If you comment out that part of the test, does the rest of it run successfully?
- We need some more details about the crash. What exactly happens? Is there an error message? Does TestComplete lockup or close? Screenshots or a video would be helpful.
As a workaround, I would try adding that object to the name mapping.
To get to the root cause, I would contact Support directly. Here's the link
The problem was these objects should have been added but the properties changed throughout updates...
But thanks for the help!
I think I found the actual problem; a recursive call appeared and I let it stop the run but I also tried stopping the run using the stop button.
Probably using both was the problem and made the program crash...
From my experience I would say that the recursive call was never resolving and that caused the crash.
If you have objects that are changing with a web page or some similar circumstance, you can look into mapping them with wildcards