Forum Discussion

Jumana_ateeq
Frequent Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete can't find objects when running tests using Jenkins

Hi,

We have a Jenkins installed on Linux Centos machine and we integrated it with TestComplete to run keyword tests.
We had to use TestComplete 12 and it was working perfectly, now we upgraded to TestComplete 14. When trying to run keyword test using Jenkins it failed with this error:

[TestComplete] [WARNING] Error: The operation cannot be performed, because the desktop is invisible..

Any thoughts?

• That error shouldn't be related to the software upgrade.  It means that no active user session is running on that machine meaning that the GUI is inaccessible.  I THINK this is something that may need to be set in the Jenkins plugin but someone else may need to give a more detailed response than me.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

That error shouldn't be related to the software upgrade.  It means that no active user session is running on that machine meaning that the GUI is inaccessible.  I THINK this is something that may need to be set in the Jenkins plugin but someone else may need to give a more detailed response than me.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for your suggestion tristaanogre.

Jumana_ateeq were you able to find the root cause? If not, please let us know and the community members will try to help you further.