Forum Discussion

ddima
Occasional Contributor
10 months ago
Solved

TestComplete can't detect elements in Microsoft WebView2 window

TestComplete is unable to detect any element for desktop application screens developed using Microsoft WebView2.

It was working 5 days ago. Tested application wasn't updated.

Now TestComplete can detect only a whole window(web-component using Microsoft WebView2), but cannot detect elements on this window.

I got path "Aliases.WINWORD.WPFObject("HwndSource: WebView2Window", "Login").Window("Static", "", 1).Window("Chrome_WidgetWin_0", "", 1).Pane("Login - Web content").Panel("Chrome Legacy Window")"

TestComplete version= 15.52.2.7 x64
License: Perpetual (Desktop, Web, Mobile)

How can I capture of elements on the web-component window?

6 Replies

• Hi ddima 

Yes rraghvani  is correct - WebView is not currently supported, however it is partially implemented and is expected to complete in an update in the near future (next month or two).

Currently it is implemented for Scripted tests only - the method to validate is to inspect and map objects using Object Spy, then copy the Aliases for use in Scripted tests. The remaining work is to implement in Recorder and KeywordTests.

Mortasah
      New Contributor

Hi Mike,

I think you are referring to WebView and not WebView2.

Thanks.

• Hi 

the support SB reply about this issue, perhaps a solution at the end of this year ...

We regret to inform you that TestComplete currently does not support WebView2. However, we want to assure you that our development team is actively working on incorporating WebView2 support, and we expect it to be available by the end of this year.

• Hi 

the support SB reply about this issue, perhaps a solution at the end of this year ...

We regret to inform you that TestComplete currently does not support WebView2. However, we want to assure you that our development team is actively working on incorporating WebView2 support, and we expect it to be available by the end of this year.