Forum Discussion

cwong
New Contributor
6 years ago

TestComplete becomes very very slow after executing some keyword testing for a while.

To reproduce a customer bug, I need to keep looping to execute some keyword testing.

At the first looping, the application responds normally. Tabbing one field to another field takes 1 second. However, at the second looping, TestComplete becomes very very slow. It takes more than 40 seconds to tab one filed to another on the application.

Please note that, if I stopped the test on TestComplete and tabbed the fields by the keyboard manually, everything works fine (very quick) by manual. But continuing the test by TestComplete, it is still very slow. It takes more than 40 seconds to tab one filed to another on the application.

Can someone give me hints how to fix this issue?

5 Replies

• Hi,

Would you be able to share few more info such as -

1. Snippet of your code 

2. Version of Test Complete you are using

3. Your application background - like which technology is it using  (WPF/Winforms/etc)

4. Do you observe any spikes in CPU utilization while the tests are running?

5. Are you running TestComplete and Application under Test in a Desktop/Virtual Machine)

6. Your system configuration (RAM, Processor, OS etc) 

Thanks,

Nimith

• As an experiment - turn off all the logging/writing to logs you can and see if the script(s) run faster.  Sometimes TestComplete slows because of logs - if it does run faster - change your logging strategy to only log when an error/issue occurs.

cwong
    New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your information!

Here is my answer:

1. This is the keyword testing (basically it is just record and playback)

2. TestComplete 12.10.602.7

3. It is an application developed by Delphi

4. CPU and memory usage is normal.

5. TestComplete test under Desktop

6. RAM: 8 GB; OS: Windows 10; Processor: Intel Core i5

cwong
    New Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for your information!

Version of my test machine (Windows 10) is Version 1709. So it should not have the same issue on Version 1803.

Also, the slowness issue also exists on Windows 7.