Forum Discussion

PartyK
New Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

TestComplete Web Module does not interact with Firefox

When I record a test in TestComplete and try to interact with Firefox by clicking around pages, clicking links, and entering text into the address bar, the recorded test is completely empty. All I get is:

function Test1()

{

}

Using the Object Spy tool on Firefox will only highlight the entire window, none of the objects within firefox. 

I've done all the steps in 'Preparing Firefox for Web Testing' page from SmartBear. 

Before I activated my Web Module license and I was just using the Desktop version, recording a test would at least record clicks and drags within the firefox window. It seems that updating to the Web Module has removed functionality.

I'm running TestComplete 15.51.30.7 x64 and Firefox 113.0.2 (64 bit)

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Can anyone else get firefox to work with TestComplete? 

• Hi, in the object browser, Firefox is detected as "Process" or "Browser" ?

If it's Process, then your version of Firefox is too high. Reverting to firefox 112 should resolve your issue.

5 Replies

eykxas
    Frequent Contributor

Hi, in the object browser, Firefox is detected as "Process" or "Browser" ?

If it's Process, then your version of Firefox is too high. Reverting to firefox 112 should resolve your issue.

PartyK
      New Contributor

Yes I have a Web License, hence why I said

Before I activated my Web Module...
      It seems that updating to the Web Module has removed functionality.

Yes I've followed the Preparing Firefox guide, see:

I've done all the steps in 'Preparing Firefox for Web Testing' page from SmartBear. 

PartyK
    New Contributor

Thank you, that did resolve my issue.

Any idea when SmartBear will update to function with the latest Firefox?