Ask a Question

TestComplete ExitCode -805306369

SOLVED
vatbub
Contributor

TestComplete ExitCode -805306369

Hey guys,

today, I logged in into our CI and saw that our tests were running since 157 hours (=6 days). So I logged in to the PC running TestComplete and saw that it was basically doing nothing, it opened the ProjectSuite and then nothing happened, it did not run anything. So I clicked on "Stop Test Run" and it saved the log and exited, but the CI told me that the Exit Code was -805306369. Unfortunately, this Exit Code is not documented here.

The testlog itself told me that it actually did something, like installing the app and running the tests except that the test device did not show anything of that πŸ™‚

Does anyone know something about that exit code? It would be a great help.

Regards,

vat

12 REPLIES 12

Hey guys,

I just found out why this issue happens. As far as I understood it, TestComplete gets stuck for some reason and TeamCity is waiting for it endlessly and eventually ends up having no more resources in its JVM.

Now that "some reason" seems to be a iOS TableViewCell. It takes TestComplete ages to find that cell (I already discussed that issue here) and apparently gets stuck sometimes on that. I'll investigate more tomorrow, until then, have a good night,

vat

If it was "stuck" waiting for TestComplete for 6 days, did that also prevent it running builds? No way I'd get away with bringing down the build system for 6 days!

Looking at your other thread, it sounds like finding/using this control is an issue. Personally, with something like that, I'd be doing a find on the control first - with a timeout escape route. So it only tries for so long, before it gives up and fails the test. I use a small, central, helper routine to validate ALL objects I use in my tests BEFORE I try and use them. Try and fix it properly, of course (can't help you there, I don't test iOS, sorry) but while it behaves inconsistently, at least wrap some code around it so it can't do this.

Two things that people (especially management) hate happening to automated tests:

1. Crashing.

2. Getting stuck in endless loops.

I regard either of those things happening as a fail on my behalf so I do everything possible to try and avoid them. So good error handling, test continuation after errors, and escape clauses for just about everything, are all priorities for me.

No, our builds run on a dedicated build server, not on the test server as TestComplete needs Windows, iOS apps need Mac OS.

@Colin_McCrae wrote:

Two things that people (especially management) hate happening to automated tests:

1. Crashing.

2. Getting stuck in endless loops.

Although I am not part of our management, I don't like that too, which is why I am looking into it right now so please keep calm. Knowing the meaning of the Exit Code helped me a lot in that, so thanks for that πŸ™‚

I think I am going to close this thread as it seems that the actual resolution does not have anything to do anymore with the Exit Code so greetings,

vat

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β