Forum Discussion

DavidE
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 12.50 and Windows 10 (1709)

We are having a problem with tests in Windows 10 that were developed on the same system as the ones we are currently executing the tests on where the test will end prematurely with only a message that says, "The test execution was interrupted."

The steps leading up to that message are all successful.  The step this happens on varies within the same test.  We have seen this happen on a number of different tests that we are writing, and can't explain why.

Has anyone seen this happen?  Any suggestions to try?

DavidE
    6 years ago

shankar_r I appreciate the willingness to try and help, but I did just discover the problem.  We use Jenkins to execute our tests, and we had set some timeout values for the test, i.e. a maximum run time.  Due to some changes in our environment some of these tests are running longer than they used to and as a result are hitting the timeout values and Jenkins is stopping the test.  So it is truly being interrupted.

7 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

DavidE"The test execution was interrupted." It usually comes when you stop the test manually. 

This will happen when you enabled StopOnError.

Do you have StopOnError enabled in your project?

DavidE
      Contributor

Most all our tests run with Stop on Error enabled shankar_r.  However, I took your suggestion and turned it off.  The test did run to completion.

However, that brings me to my next question.  What error am I getting?  As I said, the commands are being executed successfully up until the point where I get the test interrupted message.  There is no prior error and nothing else is stopping the test.

shankar_r
        Community Hero

What you see in the Additional Information tab of that error message?