Forum Discussion

MihaiTanase
New Contributor
6 years ago

Test status in QaComplete

Hi,

I have all my TC tests running from QaComplete. In QaComplete dashboard all the tests with the status Passed or Warnings are shown as Passed and the Failed ones as Failed. Sometimes it happens that a test get into an Exception and the test is Failed.

Is there a possibility to set a Test status something else than Passed/Warnings/Failed and also pass that Status in QaComplete?

For me that test was not runned, it is nor Failed nor Passed it can be more meaningful to call it Skipped.  

Thank you,

Mihai

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I still consider an automated test case that failed to run due to an exception as a "FAIL".  It may not have failed due to an application problem, but it still failed.  Something went wrong.  In your case, that something is a problem with the automation code.  Since it failed to run as automated, that means that someone, in your regression cycle, needs to run it manually.  

As for your request... I don't believe so.  It retrieves back the log information from the test.  All "errors" are logged the same, regardless of if they are test failures are code errors.