Forum Discussion

VB2
New Contributor
4 years ago

Test complete is getting hanged / Not responding at runtime while verifying object properties

Application working on : WPF 

Test complete Version : 14.20.2175.7 (64 bit)

Actual Behaviour : Test complete is getting hanged / Not responding at runtime while verifying object properties which are not present.

Expected Behaviour : Should fail and give me the log saying object is not present.

This is happening for all the instances and i only have an option to kill the process and reopen the test complete. which is not acceptable .

6 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Let's see screenshots of your test code where this is happening.  

VB2
      New Contributor

Hi Marsha,

Thanks for responding for my query!

It is not on specific element, it is flaky and not consistent. some times it give what is expected , some times it gets hanged.. i believe it is not in my code, as others can execute it successfully with out any issue.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

So, if others can execute the same code successfully and you can't, then I would start comparing the two scenarios and determine what's different.  It's not the code... and it also means it's not TestComplete.  So, that brings us to something environmental.  Something is different between what you're doing and what these others are doing. 

Is there a different OS?  Different application?  Different user access level?  Is the code being used in a different way?

It would still be helpful to see an example of code that is causing this problem.  It may help us see where there might be something that can be improved.