Forum Discussion

RileyMartinez
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Test Item Parameter Value Not Getting Stored During Test Run

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I feel like this should be working. I read the documentation on Test Items, and believe I'm using this feature correctly.

I am attempting to pass a boolean value as a parameter to a test case, so that it either runs or doesn't run the function getAndLogTesterInfo(). When running the debugger the parameter value that I set for the test item is not being stored at runtime.

This is the test item that I'm running, with the parameter userformEnabled of type boolean set to True:

This is the script code at runtime while using the debugger. As you can see at the bottom, the variable userFormEnabled does not have any value stored, causing it to pass over the if-statement.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you.

• Thanks for the reply Alex. It turns out that there was a semantical error on my part that I wasn't catching. I needed to place the if statement before my common.preTest() statement. The feature and function now work fine after that. Would you happen to know the best way that I can go about closing out this post?

3 Replies

RileyMartinez
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Alex. It turns out that there was a semantical error on my part that I wasn't catching. I needed to place the if statement before my common.preTest() statement. The feature and function now work fine after that. Would you happen to know the best way that I can go about closing out this post?

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Good to know that the problem is solved.

Actually, the thread is considered to be closed as soon as you marked some post as an acceptable solution.