Forum Discussion

wmtan01
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Test Execute load time

Hi,

We're trying to use Test Execute to run some smoke tests everytime a new build is available from developers to make sure some functionality are still working. The problem is, we are experiencing a huge overhead when starting the Test Execute application. We also noticed the same thing with Test Complete where it takes about 5 mins to open up our project.

I just want to understand what's causing this large load time overhead. Is it the number of keyword tests? or the number of scripts? or the size of our name mapping? 

Thanks for anyone who can shed light to this mystery

wmtan01
    5 years ago

We did try the suggestions there but it decreased runtime not the load time. For now we've decided to make a minimized version of the KeywordTests file so non essential KWTs (those not being used by non developers) would no longer need to be loaded.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

8 Replies

wmtan01
      Contributor

We did try the suggestions there but it decreased runtime not the load time. For now we've decided to make a minimized version of the KeywordTests file so non essential KWTs (those not being used by non developers) would no longer need to be loaded.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

How many keyword tests do you have?  I have, in my project, something like 300-400 and it loads within a minute (less, usually).  So, this tells me something is happening on load.  Have you tried reducing the number of logs stored in the project?

wmtan01
      Contributor

We have about 1300 keyword tests. I did try the clearing the logs and it didnt reduce the loading time much. 

So I currently have some theories on why its slow:

the massive amount of KWTs

the massive amount of Scripts that we have

the large namemapping

the way we structured organization of the KWTs and the Scripts (we try to separate them into folders)

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Are you using the visualizer or the NameMapping image capture?  It could be, also, that these are bogging down the load as well.  You could try clearing these out.