Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Test Complete taking too long to show intellisense after clicking dot

I am using a C++ based applicaton.
When application to be automated is opened, Test complete taking too long to show intellisense after clicking dot.

If I close the application is closed, i am able to see the intellisense imidiately.

Can you please help.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not certain, but this is, in part, to be expected, especially when the intellisense is referencing the Aliases or NameMapping.  The intellisense is attempting to retrieve not just the object name itself but all additional properties, methods, etc., available to the onscreen object.  If the AUT is not running, it will only return what is stored in the NameMapping file which is a much faster reference.

Obviously, a higher powered workstation will return faster.  But if your components/objects in your application have a lot of properties and methods, it could easily take a while.  I THINK that you might be able to get a faster performance if you configure your namemapping to store all code completion information.  That will make all those properties and methods available via the file itself and it won't need to do a "live" reference of your AUT.  It will make your NameMapping file a bit larger, but it should improve performance.