Forum Discussion

AndersW
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Test Complete somtimes uses 30 - 60 sec. to perform one action

I am having something of an annoying issue with TC7.52.

Once in a while, TestComplete suddenly slows down and spends 30-60 sec. on each action, which normally would take a few hundred milliseconds to do. This is happening more and more often on my test machine, and the only fix is to close TC and restart it.

Does anyone else experience this??

6 Replies

• Yes I do... same version as you and sometimes even requires restarting the test machine altogether... don't know where the issue lies...
    AndersW
    Occasional Contributor
    I did, and that haven't helped.

The problem isn't that TC is always slow ... it is that, once in a while, tasks that normally take it milliseconds to do, suddenly takes 30-60 sec. ... meaning that scripts that are supposed to take 5-10 min. to complete, can take a whole day (or maybe even more).

I have to restart TestComplete to make it move at ordinary speed again.

• Hi Anders,

Are there any unexpected errors in the test logs when the slowdowns occur? Note that TestComplete can wait for 10 seconds (the default auto-wait timeout) for an object to appear if the object cannot be found.

DonQuan
    New Contributor
    Hi,

i now get the same behavior, too. Sometimes i get this probelm, Tests which normally finished in 2min now needs a lot of more times. Every step takes more then 30sec, which is not normal. After closing TestComplete and restarting TestComplete, the tests runs normal again and every step takes only some milliseconds. This is a strange behavior.

regards, 

Quan

• Hi Quan,

Well, the information provided in your post does not differ from Anders' description significantly, so my answer remains the same too:

Are there any unexpected errors in the test logs when the slowdowns occur? Note that TestComplete can wait for 10 seconds (the default auto-wait timeout) for an object to appear if the object cannot be found.