Forum Discussion

csachanandani
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Test Complete performance issue

Hello,

I am experiencing performance issues when I started working with python as my scripting language. It lakes a minute to save a simple script, display log results after the test has run. Has anyone experienced similar issues?

• Hi

I turned off all other applications and am keeping on Test Complete active this has helped me resolve it to some extent. Planning to upgrade RAM..

4 Replies

• Hi, 

Were you observing any issues in TestComplete's performance before when you were using any other scripting languages within your other projects?

Do you have any other applications you have open at the time while you are using this python based TC project?

Is the performance related issue only when you stop recording when TC generates the KDT and also after the test runs when it generates the log results?

Have you tried going through the various performance enhancing topic docs to see if these settings are being followed? https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/best-practices/performance-tips.html

https://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/test-playback-performance-tips/

-------------------

and finally, if the performance issue is causing severe delays in your workflow, then please submit a support ticket, where you can use the report generator utility and upload the details of your machine; and we can look into why that is happening.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Great reply Justin!

Hi csachanandani , please share you progress with us! Any luck with solving this?

csachanandani
        Occasional Contributor

Hi

I turned off all other applications and am keeping on Test Complete active this has helped me resolve it to some extent. Planning to upgrade RAM..