Forum Discussion

amithsid
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Issue releated to performing actions on Combobox

Object name- VBObject("cboRoles")

WindClass- ThunderRT6ComboBox

I am using JS scripting with name mapping disabled.

Issue 1- Hello, I am not able to perform a ClickItem method on the combobox. I have to do a Click action on the combobox object and then perform a ClickItem on the dropdown that gets enabled after I click on it. Is their a single function to perform both?

• Hi Amith,

According to the "Win32 ComboBox Support" article, this control should have the ClickItem method. Please make sure that this class name is specified in the Win32 Controls and Windows | Combo box group of your project’s Object Mapping options.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Amith,

According to the "Win32 ComboBox Support" article, this control should have the ClickItem method. Please make sure that this class name is specified in the Win32 Controls and Windows | Combo box group of your project’s Object Mapping options.

• Hey,

Thanks Tanya, that was a great help from your side.

I have the same issue with the WPF Components, does the same procedure work?

Thanks again.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Amith,

TestComplete supports some WPF controls by default - there is no need to change project settings in this case. Please refer to the "Supported Controls" article to learn the full list of them. 

If the control that is used in your app isn't on the list, you can try using the Object Mapping feature. It will work if the control is inherited from the one officially supported by TestComplete.

• Hi Tanya,

The control which my application is using, is already mapped in the object mapping window.

The problem is that it does not support ClickIItem of string, because the wItemList property returns empty string such as "|||". What should I do, as a solution?

Thanks,

Amith