Forum Discussion

dbeck
New Contributor
9 years ago

Test Complete can't interact with dev express controls on new PC

I've acquired a dedicated workstation for running and creating automated tests. In my current setup, Test Complete is used on my workstation, and tests are ran from TestExecute on a virtual machine. My application is open (.NET, winforms + Dev Express controls).

The problem I am having is on the new dedicated test complete workstation. I am no longer able to interact with individual controls. This is causing the test to fail right away, because the previous mapping depends on interacting with the individual dev express buttons and controls.

For example, we use a dev express ribbon for navigation. Using the object spy, I can only select the entire ribbon control, whereas before I could highlight individual buttons and tab controls within the ribbon itself. I've included a screen shots of the current behavior and the behavior I experience on my personal workstation.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dbeck,

What ribbon control is used in your application? TestComplete officially supports Developer Express XtraBars ver. 7.2, 8.2 - 14.2.6. Please refer to the Developer Express RibbonControl Support article for more information. 

Also, please check if your control used to be mapped under the one, which is officially supported by TestComplete. You might use the Object Mapping feature for this.

dbeck
      New Contributor

Hi Tanya thanks for the reply.

Our Ribbon is form is supported, we've created a lot of tests that used MSAA to interact with the ribbon with no problem. The project runs still without error on the original VM host, but the project does not playback at all on the new workstation.