Forum Discussion

jose_pita
Super Contributor
11 years ago

TC10 hanging when I rename (F2) a keyword test on the Project Explorer

Hi guys,

Anyone else has this problem?

So far I've experienced this on 2 different machines, both with windows 8.1.

One time it even crashed TC without error reporting tool coming up.

It's not a major issue, I'm just wondering what TC is doing, because it is not renaming the test on my Project Items as it remains the same, which is really stupid...

9 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jose,

I didn't observe this issue (TestComplete 10 installed on Windows 8.1). Perhaps, it's project-specific. Can you reproduce the same behavior with the newly created project?

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Jose,

Let's try the following: change the maximum number of editors opened in the Workspace editor - set the Tools | Options | Panels | Workspace | Maximum number of editors to 10-15. Does this change anything?

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Team,

For everybody who faces similar behavior - our R&D team confirmed the problem in TestComplete. It will be fixed in the next product update.

jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    With a new project it doesn't happens, but I want to know if it happens to anyone else with a big project.

Either built from scratch on TC 10 or converted from TC9.31 to TC10.

In the meantime, while trying to add 285 keywords to the new project this happened (attached pic) :D ! I tried to minize the window because it was always poping up while adding the kw and puff!
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Team,

For everybody who faces similar behavior - our R&D team confirmed the problem in TestComplete. It will be fixed in the next product update.

TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Martin,

As far as I see, the issue you faced doesn't relate to this one. Here, in Jose's case, TestComplete hanged when pressing F2 to rename a project item.

Let's continue investigating your case in the thread you started.