Forum Discussion

lcraig
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

TC loses mapping while executing script

I am using a keyword script to process csv files using MSACCESS. Each csv only has a few things done to it in access before moving to the next. Lately, TC seems to lose track of the MSACCESS screen objects after running about twenty files. It sees the entire form as one object suddenly and can't find any of the buttons, fields, etc.

Restarting TC or MSACCESS will reset the mapping. What can I do to prevent this mapping issue?

thanks

~Logan

4 Replies

• Hi Logan,

What version of TC are you using? Does this problem occur in TC 7.52? Also, what behavior do you observe when the problem occurs? Do you get errors in the log?

lcraig
    Occasional Contributor
    Jared,

Thank you for the response.

I am using TC v7.51.667 I haven't gotten around to doing the latest update yet, but I do intend to soon. Do you think that will help?

I get an error stating that such-and-such object does not exist. When I investigate by trying to use the object browser to highlight the object on the screen it picks up the whole MSACCESS form as one object. It does not, however, confuse anything else besides the form. I've gotten around the issue by closing the form and reopening it whenever it can't find an object. This would be fine, except that the "X" button to close the form can only be located by coordinates (or at least that's the only way I knew to make it work). So now my test has to be modified for different resolutions. When I get time I guess I'll add a bunch of IF statements and checkpoints to try to find the X before clicking it. I'm sure there must be a better way...

Example of error:

An error occurred when executing the "Click" method or property of the "btn_Pivot_Tbl_wGS" object.

The object or one of its parent objects was not found in the system.

Tested Object

------------------

Alias: Aliases.MSACCESS.Microsoft_Access_UPS_Rating_System.cl_Workspace.UPS_Rating_System.btn_Pivot_Tbl_wGS

Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.MSACCESS.Microsoft_Access_UPS_Rating_System.cl_Workspace.UPS_Rating_System.btn_Pivot_Tbl_wGS

Missing Object

------------------

Alias: Aliases.MSACCESS.Microsoft_Access_UPS_Rating_System.cl_Workspace.UPS_Rating_System.btn_Pivot_Tbl_wGS

Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.MSACCESS.Microsoft_Access_UPS_Rating_System.cl_Workspace.UPS_Rating_System.btn_Pivot_Tbl_wGS

I am grateful for any advice. If you need any further details just ask.

thanks

~Logan
  • Hi Logan,

I recommended using TC 7.52 because it is the latest version. If the problem occurs in it, we can start working on a fix, which would be impossible for TC 7.51. Actually, I cannot tell you for sure whether this helps, but at least we'll know that it is not an old version's issue. Unfortunately, there's no other way to check this as the problem looks strange, and it is unclear in what TC functionality it occurs. This can be MSAA support as well as Open Application support, or it can be a timing issue. So, if possible, try using TC 7.52.

As for the problem, to narrow it down, I suggest that you disable all unused 'open application' plug-ins (File | Install Extension...). Don't disable the Open Applications Support plug-in as it is a core module for all of them, and the plug-in you use to test your application (most probably, MSAA Open Applications).

Also, try increasing the auto-wait timeout value in your project.

lcraig
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the response Jared.

I'll go ahead and update when I get a chance and try your other suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes.

thanks

~Logan