Forum Discussion

kcoffrin
Contributor
9 years ago

TC 11: DBTABLES - Automatic Approach to Updating Stores

Article: http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/73778/ provides the following code for this method in Jscript.

We are looking to check one of our DB tables stores against the current DB to see if there are changes. If there are, we would like the store to be updated. However, instead of providing an example code snippet of this, the example provided on the site only states “//Performs some action with the stored data”.

Can Someone provide an example of how we would locate the current data in the store, find the current DB data, and then update using the CHECK method?

- NOTE:  I contacted Smart Bear about this issue.  Response was to enable the Update DBTable Elements option in the Stores Options dialog.  I responded asking for additional information about my original inquiry as enabling teh update elements option is a manual based workaround for a scenario which we would like automated. 

Thanks,

function CompareDBTables()
{
// Specifies a DB Table element
var DBTab = DBTables.veh_Vehicle_Add

// Performs some action with the stored data

// Checks whether the data has been changed
if (DBTab.Check())
Log.Message("The data hasn't been changed.");

}

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi kcoffrin,

As far as I see, you’ve contacted our Customer Care team regarding this question. Please share the results with us.

kcoffrin
      Contributor

This is the response I received from Customer Care.  Will update this thread as soon as I receive information back from the R&D Team:

8/18/15:

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for providing us with the use case. I am passing its details to our R&D team to find a possible solution. I will inform you as soon as I get any results.

Regards,
      Yuriy Peshekhonov
      SmartBear Customer Care