Forum Discussion

simonaferrara
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Stop and rerun current item - missing number of retries configuration

Hi all,

I've updated Test Complete 14 to the version 14.71 (14.71.275.7 x64), and I would like to use the new "Stop and rerun current item" functionality:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/control-test-flow/stop-and-rerun.html

but I have not the "Rerun failed test items" property into Project property, so I cannot configure it:

How can I display and set the number of retries for failed test items?

Thanks

Simona

• Hi simonaferrara,

We've just released a new TestComplete version. Could you please download and install it on the computer?

I would recommend that you uninstall the previous TestComplete version, remove the folder where the tool was installed, reboot the computer, and install the new version after that.

Please let us know the results.

14 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Simona,

I do not see this setting either.

Uninstall and reinstall of TestComplete (do not deactivate your license when uninstalling) helped when I had a similar case several years ago. (But I don't want to uninstall TC right now because I will have to redo all my UI settings. Not a big deal but nevertheless 🙂 )

It might be that removal of Global.aqview or tcSettings.xml or tcUISettings.xml or View.bin file from the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SmartBear\TestComplete\14.0 folder will help, but I did not try this either yet.

sonya_m : Sonya, could you ask Support guys if this problem can be solved with TC UI settings been preserved?

hkim5
      Staff

you have to add the tests you'd like to run at the project level and configure the on error runtime property

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Justin,

The setting you are talking about is present. What Simona talks about and what is absent is the setting that specifies the number of retries and that must be present in the Options dialog under the Playback->Error Handling section (as per documentation).

simonaferrara
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

someone can give us information if it is mandatory to uninstall and re-install all Test Complete to have a new feature configuration available on a version update?

I think that new features should be available without the need of a complete reinstallation, also with the inconvenience to lose the configurations explained before.

If it is needed to do this for an actual bug, I hope it will be considerate and keep in mind in the future, that could be important to give the possibility to have all the new functionalities by updating the version.

Thanks!

Simona

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi simonaferrara,

We've just released a new TestComplete version. Could you please download and install it on the computer?

I would recommend that you uninstall the previous TestComplete version, remove the folder where the tool was installed, reboot the computer, and install the new version after that.

Please let us know the results.

simonaferrara
        Frequent Contributor

Hi TanyaYatskovska , 

so is it not enough to update the version using this form?

Is it mandatory to follow the procedure to uninstall and reinstall all Test Complete, as you explain?

I'm asking confirmation before starting it, because it requires time, also to download the exe, so it would be easier to just update it. 

Regards,

Simona