Forum Discussion

rsaritzky
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Startup of application within a Docker Container

Hi,

Has anyone tried to start a desktop application within a Docker container?  We do development on our local machines in a Docker environment.

Can I pass a powershell script name which starts my docker environment and starts my desktop app to TestComplete?

Thx

Ron

4 Replies

rsaritzky
      Occasional Contributor
      Thanks for the link on running Powershell scripts. Here's my followup question:

I'm creating tests only by using the "Record" function. We're not writing any scripts (yet).

Do I have to convert the Test to a script first, then add the "getActiveXObject("WScript.Shell").Run("powershell -file C:\\MyScript.ps1");" command? Or is it something different?

Thanks,

Ron

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities, other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the sender and the privacy officer, and properly dispose of this information.