Forum Discussion

stevep
New Contributor
7 years ago

Skip to next group on error.

I have tests that are dependent on each other. I have these tests items grouped together in an item group.

I can't figure out how to set it up so that when one item in the group fails test complete ignores the rest of the test and starts executing the next group.

If someone has an example on how to do that I would appreciate the help.

2 Replies

• Hi,

If i got it correct, you have n keywords in Group1 and another n keywords in Group2. Group1 keywords are dependent on each other and same with group2 but group1 and group2 are independent groups.

You can combine all your keywords of Group1 in a single keyword and use that keyword in your 'Organize Tests section' as 1 group and similarly for other groups, combine the keywords and pull it in organize tests section as another group.

Attached images will help you understand better.

Combined Keywords of a groupOrganize Tests

Also you will have to check 'Stop on Error' in Playback properties. Refer this.

Regards

Osaid

stevep
      New Contributor

That defeats the whole purpose of having groups. With your approach the resulting report show only 2 tests were run, when in fact many tests were run, management won't like that. 

By using 1 big test makes it difficult to track where something wen wrong because you have to look through very long lists of test steps.

This also makes it very difficult to log an accurate defect in QA complete because the test cases won't match the tests.

I guess the only other way of doing it is to turn my groups into projects then run the suite.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.