Forum Discussion

dave_user
Contributor
3 years ago

SessionCreator does not invoke my application and does not provide Test Results (TestExecute)

Hello,

I have created a Powershell Task in Azure DevOps deployment pipeline to run the SessionCreator Utility. Below is the command -:

SessionCreator.exe RunTest /UserName:****-CORP\**** /password:******** /UseActiveSession /ProjectPath:"$(Agent.Releasedirectory)\_INR-TestAutomation\INR_AutomationProjectSuite.pjs" /arg:/PrjVar:inrExeLocation="$(Agent.Releasedirectory)\_INR\INR Binaries\inr.exe"

it does connect to the remote desktop session where we have installed TestExecute and starts running TestExecute, however, it does not invoke my application and after it fails it does not show the any failed results in the "Test" section of the pipeline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

36 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Are you able to run your test with TestExecute from the command line directly?

Does your TestExecute version match your TestComplete version?

dave_user
      Contributor

Hi Marsha,

Yes, my TestExecute version matches the TestComplete version.

Yes, i am able to run TestExecute from the command line directly.

Below script runs fine and invokes the application however does not give any result in the "Test" section -:

"

$testexecute= "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 15\Bin\TestExecute.exe"
      $project = "C:\ADOAgent\vsts-agent-win-x64-2.181.2_1\_work\r1\a\_INR-TestAutomation\INR_AutomationProjectSuite.pjs"
      $arguments=$project, '/run', '/PrjVar:tnrExeLocation="C:\ADOAgent\vsts-agent-win-x64-2.181.2_1\_work\r1\a\_INR\INR Binaries\Inr.exe"', '/exit', '/DoNotShowLog', '/ns', '/ErrorLog: .\TCErrors.txt'
      #$arguments=$project, '/run', '/PrjVar:InrExeLocation="$(Agent.Releaseagent)\_TNR\TNR Binaries\tnr.exe"', '/exit', '/DoNotShowLog', '/ns', '/ErrorLog: .\TCErrors.txt'
      Start-Process -FilePath $testexecute -ArgumentList $arguments

"

The script in the original post does not invoke the application at all although the TestExecute does run

Thank you

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Can we go back one step farther and run TestExecute from a command line prompt without using your script?  We should be able to see test results that way.  If that works, then we can work our way back up to Session Creator.