Ask a Question

SessionCreator (TestExecute) - PrjVar is not an option

SOLVED
ammuachu
Occasional Contributor

Re: SessionCreator (TestExecute) - PrjVar is not an option

@hkim5 I dont see any options to pass prj var .I tried in 14.74. Can you share your command line scripts?

courtenayp
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've just tried this (using the /arg:psv...) on 14.74 and get the error that /arg flag could not be matched (as attached), and it is not shown in the list of options for "RunTest" - same error as when trying to use just the pv or psv flag.

Regards,

Courtenay

hkim5
Staff

in the backlog, this is shown as having been fixed in version 14.74.179.

Here is the cmd line args i used:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\x64\Bin\SessionCreator.exe" RunTest /UserName:myDomain\user.name /password:MyComputerPassword /UA /ProjectPath:"C:\path_to\my_project\myProjectSuite.pjs" /project:myProjectName /test:"KeywordTests|Test4" /arg:pv:test1="1234"

where my project variable is called test1 (so you would reference them in your tests as Project.Variables.test1)

Best,
Justin Kim
ammuachu
Occasional Contributor

@hkim5 I tried for Version: 14.74.437.11 dint work.

I get this 

Flag could not be matched: arg
SessionCreator.exe RunTest {OPTIONS}

Run the specified TestComplete test.

OPTIONS:

hkim5
Staff

ok, as far as im aware, the fix that ive proposed here should be included in the next release of Testcomplete, scheduled for mid April. I think the easiest thing to do for now would be to wait two weeks or so.

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

ammuachu
Occasional Contributor

@hkim5  We had a question from Devops 

For the session creator run machines, is it possible to put them behind a LoadBalancer so that the call just executes against a single endpoint, but the tests are distributed across machines?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: