Ask a Question

Send test result via e-mail in subject

SOLVED
Mia
Contributor

Send test result via e-mail in subject

Hello,

I need to run my test project in TestComplete10 every night, and I need to be able to send result (Succeded/Error(s) occurred) as a part of a email subject.

I run the test project through command line (or I should say batch files) and I also use command line to send emails. First I thought that I always send the .mht file as an attachment, but it is to large even after compression, so I cannot use this solution. I read some other threads about this and everybody solves this using TestCompletes SendMail method. So I just wonder if there is some way to get the result from commandline.

Thanks!

Miriam
20 REPLIES 20
m_essaid
Valued Contributor

hi @booradley

why don't you put at the end of each project an enabled item that will call your method "GetTestSummary" ?

you could choose each test item that you want, in any cases you just have to have this last item always checked.

secondly, you could store your datas into a file but you could also use a database. you simply have to find a little place in your network, in a mysql database for example. Reading and writing into a database through the script is easy. just don't forget to try/catch the read/write to avoid your tests to stop if there is a problem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: