Forum Discussion

natalia_brezny
New Contributor
10 years ago

Script doesn't play back under Windows 8

TC 10.20

My AUT uses Infragistics Controls. I would like to click a context menu like:

Aliases.CASEBuilder.form1.plantTreePlugIn.Anlagenansicht.UltraPopupMenu.Click('*View*|Articles');

This line works perfectly under Windows 7, but doesn't under Win 8.

If I record the same click under Win8 I get this:

procedure Test6;

var frmMain : OleVariant;

var ultraTreeDragDrop : OleVariant;

var browser : OleVariant;

begin

frmMain := Aliases.CASEBuilder.Form1;

ultraTreeDragDrop :=frmMain.plantTreePlugIn.Anlagenansicht;

ultraTreeDragDrop.ClickItemXY('Project|Bau1 ', 56, 8);

browser := frmMain.windowDockingArea52.dockableWindow4.zPANE_ObjectInfo.WebBrowserBaseNativeWindow.Item.browser;

browser.Wait;

ultraTreeDragDrop.ClickItemRXY('Project|Bau1 ', 53, 8);

browser.Wait;

ultraTreeDragDrop.UltraPopupMenu.Click('Lists / Views|Articles');

end;

If I play back this script it doesn't work either. Menu is not found, though I see it on the screen.

Please help

Best wishes

Natalia

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Natalia,

Make sure that the Infragistics Control Support plug-in is installed and enabled on the Windows 8 PC. Also, try increasing the value of the Method invoke timeout project option. Details...

• Hello all!

Thank you for your answer Tanya.

The extension is installed.

I tried and increased the "method invoke timeout" but it also did not change anything. I increased also all the other timeouts and delays just to be sure ;-) , it also did not change anything. So, it is not a time problem.

Further investigations showed the following problem.

My script clicks on a menu item. I use text or index for recognition, result is the same. Let's say my menu has 10 items. I click on the second one, it clicks on the first instead, though in Log it is written, that it clicked on the second item. If I click on, let's say, tenth item, it will click possibly on the sixth one, though I use text as recognition and this text appears in log entry, as if it were clicked.

It looks like it were some fixed height for every entry and this "fixed height" on this win8 computer is smaller than on my other win7 computer. I could understand it, if I used some kind of coordinates, but I use text or index for identification. By the way, both screens have the same resultion. What could be the reason for such a problem?

Best wishes

Natalia
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Natalia,

I guess, some additional investigation is required here. Could you please contact our TestComplete Support team for this? I would appreciate it if you sent them a video that demonstrates the issue. To record a video, you can use Jing. Also, please provide them with the project suite along with the log of the failed test execution.