Forum Discussion

mcintosb
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Script Extenson: All Parameters are Undefined

I'm creating my first script extension and I'm running into a serious wall with the Parameters object.   I have this code:  function AdvWait_OnCreate(Data, Parameters) { Parameters.URL = "hel...
    tristaanogre
    6 years ago

OK!  I got it!

So... in your OnExecute event handler, you need to change the code to the following.

function AdvWait_OnExecute(Data, URL)
    {
      Log.Event(URL);
    }

As per the help, for this handler, you don't pass in the Parameters object, you pass in the actual parameters themselves in the order in which they are defined in the Description.xml file (see https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/extending/script/creating/keyword-test-operations/events/onexecute.html)

So... you probably don't need the custom form as discussed earlier... just change this code.

Also... you're doing a Log.Event.  So, you need to make sure that under Tools -> Current Project Properties -> Playback you have the "Store last ___ events" set to 0.  Events are suppressed unless an error or warning is logged in which case it will write out the number of events set in that value.  If it's set to 0, all events get logged.