Forum Discussion

thegeekguy
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Running TC 11.20.1491.7 I get an error when simply trying to open google chrome using Browsers.

I'm trying out TestComplete and when I use the code below in TestComplete 11.20.1491.7 to open Google Chrome 46.0.2490.86 I get the message you see in the screenshot. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TC-error1.PNG

function Test1()
{
  var browser;
  var page;
  var form;
  var textbox;
  var passwordBox;
  Browsers.Item("chrome").Run();
}
    thegeekguy
    9 years ago

I figured it out. I had a Galaxy Tab 4 also plugged into my machine and that was causing confusion somehow. As soon as I disconnected it I was able to run the script without issue. I noticed this because Object Spy was being flaky. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. As soon as I remove the Galaxy Tab everything works just fine. Thanks for the Object Spy suggestion. 

5 Replies

• Are you able to use Object Spy on Chrome?  If not, remove and reinstall Chrome, and then TestComplete (in that order).  Heck, remove and reinstall them regardless.

thegeekguy
      New Contributor

I figured it out. I had a Galaxy Tab 4 also plugged into my machine and that was causing confusion somehow. As soon as I disconnected it I was able to run the script without issue. I noticed this because Object Spy was being flaky. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. As soon as I remove the Galaxy Tab everything works just fine. Thanks for the Object Spy suggestion. 

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi thegeekguy,

That’s great to hear that you’ve found the cause of this behavior. In addition to this, it makes sense to check if the issue persists when the mobile screen display options are turned off. Do you the same error?