Forum Discussion

Jess
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Help: Load Testing - Unable to see the log of failed test step

Hi team,

I was running load testing for my endpoints. When I have VUs increased, I noticed there are a bunch of errors, but the transaction error log shows empty on Request & Response which makes the debug very difficult. I am not sure if this is my server error or ReadyAPI's problem(running on a local laptop).

The transaction log panel looks like this:

Error in the performance log:

I have configured by following this pagehttps://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/faq/why-do-i-get-empty-requests-and-responses-in-the-t/
but still not working...

Could you please give some advice? This is an quite urgent issue, thanks!

Jess

7 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Does the same request goes without load test with single user?

If so, then you may want to gradually increase and see.

Also see if you can use tcpmon in order to monitor the request & responses.

Also see if you notice anything in the application log files.

Jess
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply!
      1. My baseline testing was using single user, no issue

2. I tried gradually/spike, no matter which the response time is always extremely high at the end of testing, I suspected if there are threads not closed ...then I export the log.

14:30:21,922 ERROR [errorlog] com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.ScriptException: Error in SubmitListener.beforeSubmit
      com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.ScriptException: Error in SubmitListener.beforeSubmit
      at com.eviware.soapui.eventhandlers.support.DefaultSoapUIEventHandler.invoke(DefaultSoapUIEventHandler.java:31) ~[ready-api-soapui-pro-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.eventhandlers.support.AbstractEventHandlerMetaData.invokeHandlers(AbstractEventHandlerMetaData.java:80) [ready-api-soapui-pro-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.eventhandlers.support.AbstractEventHandlerMetaData.invokeHandlers(AbstractEventHandlerMetaData.java:61) [ready-api-soapui-pro-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.eventhandlers.impl.EventHandlersSubmitListener.beforeSubmit(EventHandlersSubmitListener.java:36) [ready-api-soapui-pro-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.notifyListenersBeforeSubmit(WsdlSubmit.java:165) [ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.run(WsdlSubmit.java:123) [ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130) [?:?]
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630) [?:?]
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831) [?:?]
      Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlValueDisconnectedException
      at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.check_orphaned(XmlObjectBase.java:1258) ~[xmlbeans-3.1.2-sb-fixed.jar:?]
      at com.eviware.soapui.config.impl.AbstractRequestConfigImpl.getCredentials(Unknown Source) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.environmentspec.AbstractRequestConfigAdapterImpl.getCredentialsConfig(AbstractRequestConfigAdapterImpl.java:27) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.environmentspec.AbstractRequestConfigAdapterImpl.getDefaultEnvironmentAuthProfile(AbstractRequestConfigAdapterImpl.java:101) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.environmentspec.AuthProfileHolderConfigAdapterImpl.getAuthProfileAsIs(AuthProfileHolderConfigAdapterImpl.java:99) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.environmentspec.AuthProfileHolderConfigAdapterImpl.getAuthProfile(AuthProfileHolderConfigAdapterImpl.java:110) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.environmentspec.DefaultAuthProfileHolder.getAuthProfile(DefaultAuthProfileHolder.java:56) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequest.getSelectedAuthProfile(AbstractHttpRequest.java:683) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequest.getLegacyAuthType(AbstractHttpRequest.java:748) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequest.getAuthType(AbstractHttpRequest.java:804) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequestInterface$getAuthType.call(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
      at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:8) ~[?:?]
      at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.runAndGetResult(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:111) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:97) ~[ready-api-soapui-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory.java:98) ~[ready-api-soapui-pro-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.eventhandlers.support.DefaultSoapUIScript.invoke(DefaultSoapUIScript.java:42) ~[ready-api-soapui-pro-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      at com.eviware.soapui.eventhandlers.support.DefaultSoapUIEventHandler.invoke(DefaultSoapUIEventHandler.java:29) ~[ready-api-soapui-pro-3.20.0.jar:3.20.0]
      ... 10 more

I have a piece of code in the project event, which helps to refresh token. I did not see anything wrong after code review...

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks everyone!

Hi Jess , do the suggestions help?

Jess
      Occasional Contributor

Not really...I submit a ticket to the support team already, still waiting for the response...

mattb
        Staff

We probably get a response like that because we are being limited behind the scenes. I imagine that the service is restricting the amount of incoming requests per second, when we receive this error. 

Commonly restrictions like this are based on restricting traffic generated on 1 IP. 

I would look at the time taken, if you notice that as the traffic increases, the time taken increases drastically, and then the error in responses.

The ticket is a good idea to start, I would still look at distributing load through agents (multiple IP's) to see if that resolves it.