Forum Discussion

naveenchandravp
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Right Click on RCP List View

Hello All,

We have a desktop application built on top of RCP which uses SWT to draw its UI elements. We have noticed that the ClickItemR function of TestComplete which simulates a right-click does not work properly on the SWT Table UI element. It's inconsistent, it works sometimes and fails most of the time.

If there is any suggestion on how to properly simulate a right-click functionality on SWT Table element.

10 Replies

• Hi naveenchandravp - 

What types of messages are you getting in regard to the failures? It could be a timing issue if it is inconsistent - sometimes a delay or increasing the time in between steps can help to mitigate issues. But ill have a better idea to help if you can let me know what the failures are. 

Thanks, 

Emma

naveenchandravp
      Occasional Contributor

ebarbera Thank You for the quick response and apologies for not providing complete details.

Below is the error that I am getting

"Popup menu was not found for the "Aliases.DataExplorer.Shell2.Composite2.Composite.Composite.Composite.CTabFolder.ContributedPartRenderer_1.CTabFolder.StatisticsComposite.ListView" object. 0:50:36 Normal 11.22"

The Popup menu was not found because ClickItemR was not successful. 

I also tried using the ClickR function and provided proper x, y coordinates. Here too the app is inconsistent. It sometimes opens the context menu and sometimes doesnt.

I added a delay of 2000 ms in between each step. No luck

The version of TestComplete I am using: 14.93.312.7 (running on 64 bit)

naveenchandravp
        Occasional Contributor

Now when I was checking what's new on TestComplete 15.10 page, I see a comment about improved "click-related" actions. I will upgrade my installation and try. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions I would be grateful.