Ask a Question

Retrieving Data from Testcase log in TestComplete

loknathloku41
Occasional Visitor

Retrieving Data from Testcase log in TestComplete

Hello Everyone..!

I am trying to integrate Ready API testcase inside TestComplete project. So Here is my scenario,

i have a Rest request part of ReadyAPI project and it was added under TestComplete project suite and i am able to send the request successfully. However, from the request body i am sending a customerID (Dynamically generating runtime) which needs to create a customer record on  successful 201, but now i need to pass that cutomerID to my UI test case and validate Web application whether the customer record has been created or not. i have tried couple of Log.message.Child methods but not able to to fetch the desired value from log details.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

FYI: the request body is being displayed under Details section of Log generated.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Marsha_R
Community Hero

The Log object only lets you post things to the log, not get them out. 

Show us a screenshot of how you have integrated this api call into TestComplete and maybe we can suggest something from there.

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: