Forum Discussion

glarsen_1
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Resizing Windows

Is there a way of Resizing the Dialog Window that you are testing? For Example i'm testing my program Test.exe, and i want the dialog to be set to a certain size. I want to set it by pixel. so i need it to be 760 x 1024 px. I just got a bigger screen so i need to change all my tests but while i'm doing that i want to keep my screen at the same size so i can take my tiime in fixing them.

3 Replies

joffre
    Regular Contributor
    Hello my friend.

Try the Position Action article. However, the script should not depend on how big is the screen. Are you creating scripts by coordinates?

I just can assure you that it is possible to maximize the window size, by using the property .Maximize() - you can read more about it on Window Object Methods article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Joffre Mota
    glarsen_1
    Occasional Contributor
    I have a graphics window and there are coordinate clicks in my tests. so when i change the size of the screen the test no longer clicks the correct location.

For Example..

Before:

Call Aliases.TestProgram.Window.Click(55, 80)

After:(With a Bigger Screen)

Call Aliases.TestProgram.Window.Click(65, 90)

But Untill i can change the tests i need the screen to resize to its original size...

joffre
    Regular Contributor
    Is this .Click(x,y) necessary?

After I record my Desktop Tests, I erase all .Click(x,y) lines or just erase the x and y coordinates and use like this:

Call Aliases.TestProgram.Window.Click()