Ask a Question

Replicating HTTP Tasks

tristaanogre
Community Hero

Replicating HTTP Tasks

We're working on testing a situation with multiple of our applications running on the same server box, trying to replicate a problem.  We have 90 web sites on that box, basically all the same, that I'm recording tasks against. 

However, I'm looking for something faster.  Essentially each site is of the format

http://<some IP Address>/NFolderName/Page1.html 

Where N increments for each site (one site is named 1FolderName, the next is 2FolderName, etc).

Is there a way that I can record one task but then do something like a copy and paste to create another task and just change the foldername for the new site?  I could not find it when I tried yesterday and editing the XML with a find and replace didn't work.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
1 REPLY 1

RE: Replicating HTTP Tasks

Hi Robert,

You can try changing the request URLs programmatically before running your test. Try parsing the HTTPRequest.RequestHeader property.

Best regards,
Alexey

Join Wintertainment 2021 to share your stories, have fun, earn community badges, and more!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: