Forum Discussion

martinchouinard
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Region checkpoint fail after 1 day

I'm trying to compare the image of a pie chart (canvas) by using the region checkpoint but it fail after 1 day.

I'm using the same laptop (Win10 21H1 19043.1387), same browser (Chrome version 96.0.4664.45), same browser size, same TC version (15.10.445.7) and same version of my app.

Looks like the colors are changing a bit. I tried with PNG and BMP image without compression.

It is not recommended to increase the Pixel Tolerance and Color Tolerance parameter values.

Do you have any ideas how I can validate the images?

Thx ! 

Martin

• Hi martinchouinard - 

What is your testing requirement for this case? I might suggest here to perform a property checkpoint to check for the existence of the image on the screen as the region checkpoints are very sensitive. A property checkpoint could be used to validate the source of the image also based on the properties. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Emma

2 Replies

• Hi,

I would recommend increasing color or pixel value to 10% to see if that makes a difference. I would expect a less than 10% tolerance needed but I would explore accounting for color and possible pixel differences 

• Hi martinchouinard - 

What is your testing requirement for this case? I might suggest here to perform a property checkpoint to check for the existence of the image on the screen as the region checkpoints are very sensitive. A property checkpoint could be used to validate the source of the image also based on the properties. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Emma