Forum Discussion

Novari-QA
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

Recording to many actions causes TestComplete to crash everytime.

Good day all

I am trying to figure out the limit. I perform a bunch of actions on the website in question and the recording to keyword test feature just crashes or takes like 10min to finish.  Does anyone know what limit i should be going for when making actions?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know, beyond what may potentially be limits based upon hardware (RAM, drive space, etc), there's not a known upper limit.  So, what you're experiencing is certainly unusual.

What version of TestComplete are you running?  And are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you're running something 12.4x or higher?  The reason I ask is that, in the 64-bit version of 12.40 through 12.42, we were experiencing some problems with regards to Extended Find and some threading issues that caused TestComplete to perform slowly and occasionally crash.  Have you tried upgrading to 12.50?  Or have you tried the same tasks/process in the 32-bit version?

Novari-QA
      Frequent Contributor

I am using 12.50.4142.7 x64 bit.  I could try the 32 bit version, but I do not know how to down grade the version.  8GB of ram. Intel Cor i7 3770 3.40GHz 3.40GHz

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

it's already installed.  Instead of running the TestComplete.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\x64\Bin, just run from C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\Bin.  Everything else should run as normal... you should not, really, need to make much in the way of changes, if any.