Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
15 years ago

Record index out of range

I am encountering this problem. I have recorded steps for the web page. It is performing all the steps successfully and in the end it says waiting for the some object. I don't how to look for what it is waiting, b'se there are no more steps in that script.

When i start looking at the log , it is giving record index out of range for that step and it freezes and doesn't allow me to look further logs.

6 Replies

sguda
    Regular Contributor
    The step doesn't show it failed but just that when i am browsing the log it say record index out of range and freezes and prevents me look further the log of other steps also.
  • Hi,

Does TestComplete returns to working conditions if you wait some time after the problem occurs? How long does it take? If the tool does not revert to working conditions, please follow the instructions below to help us collect more information about the problem:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx (for 32-bit processes)

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/install64bit.mspx (for 64-bit processes) 

and install it.

2. When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"<windbg.exe>" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\Dump1.dmp;q"

Replace <windbg.exe> with a fully qualified file name of the windbg.exe file. This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the C:\Dump1.dmp dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Correct the dump file name in the above command line (for example, change it to Dump2.dmp), wait for two minutes and execute the command again.

4. Repeat step 3.

5. Submit a request via our Contact Support form and attach all of the dump files created in the steps above.

Also, we will need your project suite. Zip the entire folder containing the project suite and attach the archive to your request.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    I am able to got o key word test, or project and execute again. But the log freezes for that particular execution and the log doesn't display properly or it is displaying empty screen when i am trying to access log of that or other runs.

Ohterwise i am able tp go project or project items and run again.

Once in a while i am getting this erro. i was wondering if i ma logging somethign long or what?

Please suggest me.
  • Hi,

To investigate the problem, we will need your project suite. Zip the entire folder containing the project suite. After that, submit a request via our Contact Support form and attach the archive to your request.

sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi David ,

I will send the archive . But if you change anything while testaing it, will it change my project suite on my computer?

Please let me now.