Forum Discussion

NiklasLn
New Contributor
15 years ago

RebootAndContinue on a Client system

I have a situation where I want to do a RebootAndContinue on a client machine in a distributed test set up, but when the client system starts to reboot the host stops with a logged error. Any ideas on how to get around this are greatly appreciated.

/Niklas

1 Reply

• Hi Niklas,

There is no direct way to reboot a slave computer without failing the test on the master computer. However, you can try the following workaround:

1. Split the tests that should reboot your slave machines into two parts: the one that will be executed before and the one to be executed after the reboot.

2. Create a new Network Suite job in the master project and create tasks in it that will implement the pre-reboot part of tests created in step 1. Set the "Action after run" property's value to "[Reboot]" for each of the created tasks.

3. Create a new Network Suite job in the master project and create tasks in it that will implement the post-reboot part of tests created in step 1.

4. Add the following script routine to your master project:

function WaitForSlave(Duration) {

Delay(Duration);

NetworkSuite.Verify();

}

5. Add the following test items to your master project:

5.1 The job created in step 2.

5.2 A call to the WaitForSlave routine. The parameter of this routine is, approximately, the maximum time of the slave computer reboot in milliseconds. I recommend that you pass at least 300000 ms.

5.3 The job created in step 3.

6. Run the master project.